Rhian0000
I have experienced hours and hours of enjoyment reading books by the American author Kathleen Woodiwiss. She writes compelling tales set in various times throughout history and locations around the globe. Woodiwiss is a prolific author with fifteen published works since 1972. It is difficult to pick a favourite.

The Wolf and the Dove was the first Woodiwiss novel that I read. I was reading a Twilight Fan Fiction story called My Viking by SheViking at the time, my friend Ange de l’aube saw The Wolf and the Dove mentioned as a book to read if you were enjoying SheViking’s tale on the Twilighted thread. Of course, I had to take a look. The beginning was hard to get into as there was much suffering during the Norman conquest of England in 1066. However, it rapidly became a gripping read that I couldn’t put down.

Aislinn is a fierce heroine striving in a difficult time to keep her dignity and honour her father’s memory by defending his conquered people in any way she can. She is determined and bright with a cutting whit and a defiant streak, unwilling to succumb to the invaders, but trying desperately to stay alive. She faces a life far removed form the one she anticipated and it pricks her pride sorely.

Wulfgar is the typical anti-hero; the conquering lord. He is an astute foe and conquers with logic not malice. He wants to be lord and master, making a place for himself in the world after being abandoned by his family as a child. He is detached and elusive, with a hatred of women that stems from his mother’s betrayal. He knows the enjoyment of a woman, but has never let one near his heart.

In the face of devious antagonists, the fall of the British throne to the Norman conqueror, William, and the disapproving eyes and ears of all around them hero and heroine embark on a riveting tale filled with danger and fear, passion and tears, hatred and finally love.


I've been trying to spread the word as much as possible and so far, everyone that I've recommended Woodiwiss books too have agreed. Go read.


Rhian
xx
3 Responses
  1. Ange Says:

    Wow bb... You make me want to reread TWatD again...lol... I agree with you... This tale is a classic... I comend you for sharing it with more peeps <3


  2. Rhian0000 Says:

    Thanks, dearest. You started this whirlwind! Loving The Reluctant Suitor so far. Have peeked ahead though. That, I mean THAT line *dies*


  3. lipca Says:

    I think I have this book. I'm going to read it now. Thanks for sharing.


Post a Comment