Rhian0000

I love the film Australia. It is quite the epic tale, told through barriers of race, culture, class and set at the time of war. There is much to see and tell with many strong characters and an interesting plot, but to me what it really tells is the tale of a woman’s heart.

It was once closed and empty, but she sets foot on a new continent that brings her world to life. From a life of boredom she is catapulted into a bright, colourful, captivating land that changes her from within. She learns to love a man, but most of all, she learns to love a child; a child not of her blood or kin, but a child of her heart.



It is truly magnificent, cinematographically stunning and deeply stirring. Each time I watch it I take something new away. This time it was the music that sang to me. I found this song on YouTube and I’ve played it on repeat I love it so much.


 I have never heard of the band before, they’re called Ophelia of the Spirit. Here is link to their blog, they have a selection of their songs for you to listen to for free that I’ve been listening to all week. Go listen http://www.opheliaofthespirits.com/

Rhian
xx
2 Responses
  1. Ange Says:

    Oh I love this song... it sort of reminds me of the Lord of The Rings Soundtrack... or the Chronicles of Narnia Soundtrack... I didn't really "loved" this movie as much as you did bb... but the landscapes and imagery shown in it as well as the soundtrack were quite lovely... thanks for linking us to this band's blog :P


  2. Rhian0000 Says:

    Thank you dearest Ange,

    I really have been listening all week. Number 1. Like Rain and number 8. Your Angel are my favourites. I really like their style.

    Rhian
    xx


Post a Comment